Kammprofile gaskets consist of a metal core with concentric grooves on both sides, covered with a layer of softer material (graphite, PTFE, mica or other) which guarantees the seal.
Features and Applications
They can be made of any material and size, with diameters from 5 to 5000 mm with constant pitch and depth lines or with convex lines.
As for all other types of Kammprofile, the ridges are aligned on the same parallel plane, while the grooves are made with a graduated depth, with constant increase according to the size of the sealing band, starting from a minimum central depth of 0 , 2 mm up to a maximum peripheral depth of 0.8 mm.
Material of metallic support
|Materiale||ASTM||EN Material No.|
|Stainless steel||AISI 321||1.4541|
|Stainless steel||AISI 316Ti||1.4571|
|Stainless steel||AISI 304||1.4301|
|Stainless steel||AISI 316L||1.4404|
- Outstanding sealing characteristics at various tightening loads.
- Compensation capability for large temperature and pressure fluctuations.
- Applicable to almost all types of flanges regardless of the clamping load.
- The thickness of the sealing layers is extremely low, reducing fugitive emissions.
- The low shutter loads required reduce flange damage and seal removal problems.
- Metal components are reusable, reducing costs and eliminating gasket disposal problems.
- It offers extreme temperatures and chemical resistance thanks to the variety of materials available.